How to Get Help

Parents have to apply to the Local Authority (LA) if they require home to school transport using the Local Authority Integrated Transport Unit’s (ITU) application form.  School, through Family Support Workers (FSWs) will help with completing this if needed.  If the request is approved, it is then the Local Authority’s responsibility to arrange the transport and notify the family.

Parents should liaise with the transport contractor over any day to day changes, for example, if the child is ill or absent for any other reason. Enquiries about school transport should be made to 01452 426410. Pre school pupils are not automatically provided with transport, but parents may apply for it in special circumstances.